Tap into your team’s unique strengths and use them to articulate an effective plan of action.
- Design a clear path forward for your organization or team.
- Generate innovative ideas and make effective decisions.
- Determine how to achieve assigned or desired goals/objectives.
With a professionally facilitated strategic planning session, you can tap into the wisdom of your group, capture their vision, harness their understanding of barriers and challenges and design a path for addressing your unique barriers.
Strategic planning is a tremendous opportunity to align and energize an organization around its multi-dimensional vision. With an aligned organization, forward motion is possible.
There are many ways to approach strategy and many components to it. We can argue about definitions too. In my mind these are the big questions that are driving strategic thinking:
- What’s happening in your macro environment? (environmental scan)
- What is the purpose or mission of your organization? (mission / purpose0
- What values does your organization uphold as they execute their mission? (values)
- What do you want to see in place in 3, 5, 10 years? (vision)
- What holds you in the present? (blocks)
- What can you do about those blocks that hold you down? (strategies)
- How will you move toward your vision? (strategic directions)
When the big thinking is done and the strategic framework is laid out, it’s time to convert the define the intended outcomes and then figure out the milestones or stages by which a strategy will be executed. The big questions that need attention now are:
- Where does the strategy start/end?
- What are the major milestones of our strategy?
After that, align the milestones with existing work. What work is aligned? What work needs a re-think? What steps do we need to take now?
- How do current projects or initiatives fit with the strategy?
- What priorities need to be set or changed?
- Who is going to do what, by when?
When the planning part is complete, a routine check in on progress is essential. What has been accomplished? What is blocking progress? What needs to be done now?
- How is it going? What needs to be tweaked or shift?
- What happens next?
We will develop a customized, staged process, designed to target the outcomes you set out. It will be professionally facilitated, engaging, build alignment and help your organization move towards its desired future state.
For more reading: