Bring out your group’s best ideas and promote clear, actionable thinking with expert facilitation.
- Arrive at important decisions or outcomes by harnessing diverse viewpoints.
- Communicate thoughts, ideas, goals and concerns to your group more effectively.
- Get un-stuck from the endless loop of ideation, planning and review to make solid plans of action.
“Group facilitation is a process in which a person, whose selection is acceptable to all members of the group, is substantively neutral, and has no decision-making authority, diagnoses and intervenes to help a group improve how it identifies and solves problems and makes decisions, to increase the group’s effectiveness.”– Roger Schwarz
Your facilitated session will target your team’s unique goals and will be tailored for your environment.
Over the course of a half-day, full-day or multi-day period, you will be led through a thoughtful, results-oriented process that allows for rich, collaborative and productive conversations among all participants.
As an experienced facilitator, I work with you before the session to clarify and confirms desired outcomes, probes the state of the group and confirm the nature of the shift that the group needs to make. Only then do I build the processes that leverages thinking and learning styles, creates the conditions for dialogue and sequence of activity to get the needed output.
Use a facilitator when:
- strategic planning
- resolution is needed at high stakes meetings
- consulting stakeholders
- business planning
- hosting quarterly, annual management meetings
- building team culture and effectiveness
- kicking off new projects: charters, plans
- performing project look backs, or exploring issues
- refining or defining new business process
- partner/vendor discussions
I will work with you to:
- develop a shared understanding of desired outcomes
- define how your group and I will work together to achieve shared outcomes
- design agendas
- gather and review any needed materials
- design meeting processes
- facilitate the meeting or event
- develop the final report in accordance with your requirements
By using a facilitator, a group can achieve higher quality outcomes, better decisions and ultimately better performance.
- Read this short article on how facilitation adds value to your engagement by Martin Gilbraith.
- Fresh thinking: Challenging our assumptions
- When asking tough questions, use WHAT not WHY
- Why can’t we all just get along?
- Us versus them: How facilitation can help pull back siloed thinking in the workplace.